So it's time again for my... quarterly... journal... thingy. Not much going on this time. I feel a bit more frustrated each time about not spending as much time here and working on "my art" as I wish I did, or as I originally intended. But well... life is what it is, and I have the time and motivation that I have, and seems I can't find a way to make some more out of thin air. Then I've also been sick, since the end of june, really. What I thought were gastric problems turned out to be kidney related. Then went through a lot of stress in july and with my defenses in an all time low I caught the mother of all colds and had fever for days... The kidney thing is still messing up all of my system, at least I'm over my cold now. Looking forward to going back to normal but, after so many months, I'm somehow not counting on it to happen anytime soon, though.
1) Do You Like Cats? (The musical or those furry things?)
I do like the musical, and I do like the actual domestic felines
I don't have any of my own right now. Had one ages ago. Though now a neighbor's cat had her kitties in my garden, and they all still hang out here
even when several months have passed
2) Do You Like Ice Cream? (The musical or that furry thing?)
I'd definitely love an icecream musical
I sure do love the frozen dessert. Can't have any right now
3) Do You Like Serious Questions?
I'm a serious guy, so I'm probably better at dealing with serious questions. But I'm fine with non-seriousness too.
4) Do You really???!!!! Okay then...
5) Couple of your most favorite Comix? (Mine are 'Fables' by Willingham and 'Sandman' by Gaiman...)
I'm not too hot on comics, nor was this dark corner of the world I was raised in. I did grow up buying the comic versions of cartoons I'd watch. Like He-Man, Mazinger-Z and stuff, or the Mortal Kombat comics. I did love a DC series called Batman and the Outsiders, and got some issues of X-Men and Uncanny X-Men as well. I also read some detective and adventure comics by Argentinian authors.
6) Why did you join deviantArt? To share your works or to do so and see other people's works? Some other reason?
Yeah, I guess that's it. To have a place for my stuff, and the community experience has been a lot better than I expected. I've learnt and improved a lot just from watching and following talented people here.
7) Why don't you like Cats or Ice Cream? Are those too furry for your taste?
I do like them, though I prefer my icecreams shaved, with no fur on them.
8) [Something YOU really want to answer to, but I was too stupid to ASKerize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]?
Errr... I'm not good at being interrogated, so that's probably both my answer and the reason why I can't come up with any other answer
9) What is your favorite kind of Art? Audio, Visual, TXT or something else?
Film was always my first and biggest love, so I guess that's audiovisual?
10) Are You My Friend? Why not? (Those abscesses weren't my fault and surely ARE curable due witch doctorizerin' and faith to THE GREAT PUMPKIN!!!!!!!!)
So you're the one I got these from!
11) [Have 2 do this:] What is the difference between a raven and a writing desk?
I haven't the slightest idea
1. If you had the power to draw something on paper and have it come to life, what would you draw, and why?
I never thought of something quite like that, even though I've read and seen movies with similar premises... I don't know. I'm not good at drawing so the thing come to life would probably look awful
Maybe I'd draw, in a scribblenauts fashion, a "giant, fire breathing, flying, ridable dragon pet"
2. What are your worst fears? And if you feel that's too personal, what was the weirdest dream or nightmare you've had? Or do both.
Don't know... having lost relatives and seeing my own deteriorate, my worst fear probably has to do with health. It is a priceless thing and you take it for granted when you're young. Then you become older and all the other bogeymen become less important.
3. If you could chose to be any cartoon character, who would it be?
I always felt identified with monstrous anti-heros
From Quasimodo to the Beast, maybe even the Phantom of the Opera
But that's how I feel, and those aren't cartoons I guess. I don't know what character would I actually choose to be. Maybe one that's able to fly
4. This is kind of similar to Question #3, but if you could switch spots with a character from any movie, who would it be, and do you think you'd be better than who you switched with? (Ex. Harry Potter-- Switch with Ron Weasley. Are you helpful or do you just mess things up?)
Odd. I do feel identified with characters, but I very rarely have that feeling of wanting to be part of something. I hate disencounters and misunderstandings, I always want to be there to set things straight
But I can't think of a particular movie or character right now. I suck at this
5. This was taken from an interview I recently watched, but if you were supposed to buy only one thing for everybody in the world, what would it be?
I can't think of one physical thing that everybody needs that's important enough. Probably I'd invest in something related to education. If I had to narrow it down to one physical thing, it'd probably be a classical literature book or an encyclopedia
6. What was your worst and best Halloween costume?
We don't really do Halloween here as such. I've rarely worn any costumes in my life. Once I went as a pirate, I put it together myself and I was proud of it, but probably looked lame. So that must be both my worst and my best.
7. What was it that inspired you to create? (Draw/Write/Take pictures)
In general? Again, movies where always my first love. But I also grew up loving fantasy, legends, fairy tales and fables, and I also had a collection of comicbook versions of literature classics, which later in life I read in their full form. All that was probably what fueled and molded my imagination the most and at the earliest.
8. How would you spend your last day on Earth?
Right now I'm biased, because I'm eating only "hospital-food"
So I want to say: eating all sorts of candy, icecream, desserts, pastries and delicacies. Sweet-tooth me
9. If you could be friends with a superhero or a super-villain, who would it be?
Probably supervillains have more fun
I always thought I'd like to hang out with Magneto, for some reason
I love other villains' personalities, but not quite their lifestyles
10. If you could erase a/some singer/s from the Earth, who would it/they be? Or just remove a song/s from the world?
I'm not that much of a hater, I just ignore what I dislike. I let it be. I do wish they stopped using "Hooray for Hollywood" at the Oscars, though
Random, but I just thought of that.
11. What color do you think you most represent?
I love burgundy, the color
I don't even know if I use it at all, in artworks
but I like it in clothes and... household goods
I do like the very obvious combination of peach/cerulean (for highlighting and backlighting respectively) in artworks.
1. Favorite Disney Movie?
I love so many, both classic and renaissance. Not so much the current ones, though. Probably just because I'm old. I think the one that tickles me the most in all the right ways is "Beauty and the Beast". It wasn't love at first sight, for some time I considered it a sort of low point between "The little mermaid" and "Aladdin"
but it later became my alltime favorite.
2. Have you watched ever Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast?
I have, a long time ago. I should see it again. I loved it and remember my friends found it scary
3. Best Looking character from an animated movie? (both male and female)
I'll always love princess Aurora, she probably looks older than she should, and some standards may have changed, but she's still number one to me. Then male...? Possibly Hercules, they did a greatly stylized work on all of his anatomy, dunno... Tarzan, Aladdin... they look great too. Among the good looking ones, my least favorite are the kinda stereotypical princes like Phillip, Eric, Derek, Snow White's, etc.
4. Top 5 non-disney animated movies?
In no particular order "The Last Unicorn", "Thumbelina", "The Secret of the Sword (He-Man & She-Ra)", "The Prince of Egypt", "Yellow submarine".
5. Are you excited for the upcoming Disney Movie Frozen?
Not "excited", but I am kinda looking forward to it. There's a lot of the latest Disney movies that I sort of overlooked at the time. I think Disney lost it's way a bit and I found most of the movies of the last decade kinda unappealing, compared to the classics and the ones I grew up with. But that's also because I'm old, again
6. Mermaids or Centaurettes?
Mermaids, no doubt. Their world is entirely alien to us.
7. Favorite Glen Keane Character?
I had to look it up, because I remembered the name as being an animator, but wasn't sure what characters were actually his 'cause I'm no trivia expert
I think my fav must be the Beast.
8. Which fairytale would you like to see being made into a Disney movie?
Many I can think of, Disney already did as short films, but I would like to see as feature films. None in particular, though. I'd actually prefer something based on myth or legends, maybe the 1001 Arabian nights again, oriental tales, rather than more of the typical fairy tales I might now about. I would like it if they dug up some neat, obscure one. But I think they've already covered the basics, between shorts and features.
9. Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe?
I guess I'd pick Marilyn. Though I respect them both, I'm not really crazy about either of them.
10. What's your favorite color?
Then I'm supposed to make my own questions and list 10 facts about me or something, so I'll merge the tags and do it once. 'Cause... screw the rules
Ten Things You Didn't Know About Me
1. I went to three different highschools
2. My "Resurrection" thing has nothing to do with Jesus and ∆milius is my "Ricean" vampire OC's name.
3. I am an only child.
4. Alfred Hitchcock is one of my favorite filmmakers and I have almost 60 of the movies he directed.
5. Carl Sagan is another of my idols I have all of his books and the Cosmos series. 6. I still have my collection of Disney movies in vhs format, of course many I bought again in dvd and bluray format. As I still have some old soundtracks in audio cassette. 'Cause I'm old
7. I always loved film soundtracks and I never really followed bands or vocalists. Most of the cds in my collection are movie scores. Then Sarah Brightman happened to me, in the mid-'90s. I do buy and listen to all sort of things, but don't follow any other artists as closely.
8. Brand-wise, Nintendo and Apple have no place in my life I don't hate them either, of course. 9. I said "I'm old" a million times in this journal but I don't have any issues with it. I'm just trying to establish I know I'm no longer cool and current things aren't really targeted for me or my generation and I'm cool with that
10. I love thrillers and Michael Crichton was one of my favorite authors. My others favorite authors are Jules Verne and Anne Rice. And I have every single book of theirs that I was able to get. Then I read all sorts of things apart from these, of course.
Again, I'm not tagging anybody, so if anybody wants to answer them, feel free to do it here or wherever
1. What's your favorite movie adaptation (a movie based on a book, tv show, comicbook, videogame, etc.)?
2. Are you an active fan of something/somebody? If so, who/what is it and what do you do?
3. What branch of the arts you wish you were talented in, other than what you are already good at?
4. What is your favorite art form?
5. What place in the world would you like to visit and would you live there if you could?
6. Where/how/doing-what do you picture yourself in five years?
7. Do you cook, if so what's your specialty?
8. What is your favorite... err... ancient culture/civilization?
9. I'm running out of ideas... err... what question would you like to be asked? 10. I have to do this If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Now, if someone else tags me in the future, I'll put a curse on him, his children and their children
or I'll answer it in the next journal, on december 28. Have a nice day. Aaand nobody's reading this far
PS: I'm old.